There are several reasons for this:
- I’m an introvert. I prefer chilling out at home to going out partying.
- I live in a village with poor transport links. I can’t drive because…
- I have epilepsy. Thankfully it’s under control but it makes me feel very restricted! (I could write a lot on this subject, but I want to keep this brief)
- I am deaf in one ear. This makes it difficult to hear people in loud environments; at times people have thought I was being rude or standoffish if I didn’t hear them or asked them to repeat several times. These days, I have to explain my deafness to people. If I had a pound for each time I’d done that, I’d be rich ;)
- Money. Doing Things tends to Cost Money. Boooo.
Anyway. The point is, I decided that 2014 would be my Year of Doing.
Then I started writing a 101/1001 list and decided to scrap the Year part and just Do.
Hopefully, starting this blog will help me to focus and stay motivated, and give me a place to write about my experiences and findings.
I’ve not finished my list yet, but I’ll post it as it is soon. List items include Things To Do At Home and Things To Do Outside.
I’m choosing things that will:
- Expand my Horizons
- Broaden my Knowledge
- Improve my Health
- Challenge my Creativity
- Challenge my Self
- Enhance my Skills
- Be fun!
More about the list in my next post. For now, let’s hope this gives me the kick up the bum to Do Things!
Importantly: I’m not doing this to try and stop being an introvert. I value my introversion and it’s a big part of who I am. I simply want to do a little more outside what I usually do.