On the plus side, that includes the tiny KitKats, so I can make another chocolate post!
I seriously think Japan wins for picking the most random flavours for its chocolate...
|(Not my gif)|
089. Make three items of clothing from patterns
1. Lengthened patternThe original was too short! Also, the Liberty fabric I used was a skirt I'd made previously (and never wore). So I used the length of that as a guide!2. Different fabricIn the view I was inspired by, the magazine had used suede. I used what I already had.3. Adjusted the waist. Massively.I will always have to adjust the hell out of garments I sew, because the bust-waist-hip ratio in pattern sizing never matches my body!
4. Different zip placement
The zip was in a weird place on the magazine's version, and the skirt I was cutting up had a zip at the back centre, so I used it!
1 day. I'm rather impressed with myself for that!
1. The fabricsI love patterns, and I love reds. This skirt combines the two2. CoordinationIt goes with other stuff in my wardrobe! Including the green waistcoat I never wore because nothing matched it! Yay!3. Waistband interfacingI have never heard of this stuff until now. It's amazing. The waistband turned out so neat!4. Two down, one to goOnly one more garment to sew from a pattern before I've completed this goal!
I have no idea what will come next. A skirt? A dress? Trousers? A top of some kind? Maybe by next autumn I'll have made it!
059. Go to 5 music eventsIt's taken me far too long to complete this goal, haha. This was one of my favourite shows, alongside last year's Sukekiyo gig.
084. Climb the O2I met up with Lilia, my lovely friend who blogs at Paracosm of Lilies, and we headed over to The O2, which is right next door to North Greenwich underground station!
061. Watch 100 films
062. Watch 100 TED/TEDx talks
|Sir John Cordy Burrows, chillin' in the shade. What a casual pose.|
040. Follow the Brighton Sculpture TrailHooray!
|Victoria Fountain, aka the Seagull Bath|
1. List 7 things you'd rather be doing this summerSeems appropriate considering the general theme of this blog, right?
036. Eat/drink in 30 new placesYou can see more of the places I've eaten by looking at the goal 36 tag.
050. Read 3 books per month for 1 year
069. Complete an online courseThe course in question was Store Design, Visual Merchandising and Shopper Marketing, a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) taught by Claus Ebster for iversity.