Wednesday 20 August 2014

The Rocky Road of Love, and Other Chocolates

It's been over a month since I last posted about any chocolate! I hadn't forgotten this goal, but warm weather meant melted chocolate, and attempts at eating more healthily meant less chocolate. But never mind that. Chocolate is good for the soul. And these bars are good for the taste buds, too ;)


Chokablok The Rocky Road of Love
Rocky road in chocolate bar form!
This bar is mostly milk chocolate, with cute dark chocolate hearts, marshmallows and biscuit pieces. The packaging doesn't keep the look of the bar a surprise, as it's a piece of cardboard and clear plastic wrap. I actually like this about Chokablok bars--their chocolate bars all look special, so it's good to see what I'm getting before buying!
One bar gives you 80g of chocolate, and it's actually pretty hard not to eat it all in one sitting. The chocolate is smooth, the biscuit crunchy, and marshmallows wonderfully squidgy. I imagine that this would be the perfect bar for dunking into hot chocolate during the winter! 


Elizabeth Shaw Dark Chocolate Cocoa Crunch
Dark chocolate wrapped in silver foil, with a card outer wrapping. I got mine from the 99p shop, but it looks pretty classy. The bar is divided into eight large squares of dark chocolate that looks smooth, but is filled with crunchy bits--what the wrapper describes as 'cocoa nib'. It gives a nice extra dimension to the flavour and texture of the bar. 


According to the information on the back, this is suitable for vegetarians, and is 'made in a factory generating 20% of its energy needs from solar panels'. So this chocolate bar is definitely one made from sunshine!


Vilinaus Pergalē Milk Caramel
Milk chocolate with caramel filling.
This is the second bar of chocolate that I've tried from this brand (once again from the 99p store).
The chocolate is in the standard bar form and each chunk has a flavoured centre. Unlike the 'Spring Edition' bar (wild berries), this caramel chocolate bar is a lot subtler in flavour. It isn't overly-sweet like some caramel flavoured fillings can be, but just a few squares are more than enough to sate a sugar-craving. 



That's enough about chocolate for now; doubtless it will be a while before I've managed to chomp my way through more bars! Admittedly my chocolate stash has grown as much as it has depleted. People keep buying me chocolate! Not that I'm complaining ;)

This brings my current total of 'new chocolate' to 16, another step towards my goal of fifty...

064. Eat 50 different chocolates

Will I even find 50 different chocolates, I wonder? Bearing in mind that I can be a little picky--I'm not overly keen on nuts in chocolate, nor do I like white chocolate!  All I can say is that it's likely to take me some time to complete this particular goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment