Monday 5 June 2017

A Taste of Brazil


After going to see The Accidental Adventures of Sherlock Holmes the other evening, my parents and I went to Las Iguanas for some post-theatre grub!

My previous trip to Las Iguanas involved stuffing myself with tasty Latin tapas, but this time around I decided to be more adventurous and try something different: Xinxim!

 

Xinxim is a Brazilian curry, made with chicken and crayfish. The sauce is really creamy, made with lime and peanuts.


The dish was served with a plate of spring onion rice, sweet plantain, green beans and coconut farofa.
It all went really well together; I ended up spooning the xinxim onto the plate and covering it in the farofa, adding a morsel of plantain for maximum yumminess.


The xinxim was kept warm by a little terracotta table heater! Though as can be seen in the picture, the dish it was served in was kept warm, because I wolfed the lot down as if I was half-starved. It was really good!

With this meal, I started off a goal from the list (which I'd all but forgotten about until I was halfway through eating):
043. Try foods of 5 different countries
I've no idea what the others will be yet, but Brazilian cuisine is a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment