Thursday 4 January 2018

December Roundup: Last-Minute Goals & 365

Spin (335/365)
2017 is finally over, and here's my last monthly roundup.

I actually didn't do much in December, but I did finish off a few last minute goals!
017. Record myself singing and share it
031. Hold breath for 1 minute
063. Learn to sing a song in a foreign language
These are goals I've been putting off for ages, because the 'evidence' of them would require taking a video. Making video is simple enough in theory, but really pushed me out of my comfort zone!

Despite that, you can click the links above to hear the tiniest bit of singing, my attempt at Finnish, and my 'holding my breath' face!

Of course, another goal I completed - right at the end of the year - was:
065. Complete a 365 Project

December 365 Project Photos. Click link to go to 365 Project page
I was really struggling to find things to photograph during December, but I did try out a few new things. I finally managed to do a long exposure shot to capture traffic trails, and also tried an iphone app that allows me to take 'long exposure' photos (which I used for the first photo in this post).  

Bluebird (362/365)
I also tried out some sunprints, after receiving some sun-sensitive paper for Christmas! This was a fun and simple thing to try out, and something a bit different to include in my project.

Honestly it's a relief to have finished the project. I'm pleased to have got it done, but it was kind of stressful trying to come up with something 'new' to photograph each day. I wanted to take good photos, but there were plenty of 'meh' photos along the way!

Other things I did in December:
  • Continued to learn/practise Japanese and German on Duolingo
  • Continued trying to memorise all the countries in Africa (goal #33)
It isn't much, but honestly I didn't have the energy (or desire) to do anything in December! Just call it End of Year Exhaustion, I guess!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your 365! :D It was really interesting seeing all the photos you took along the way and things you tried out. You must have learnt a lot and got a feel for your own style along the way too (which kinds of pictures you like taking, which you don't, techniques you like using etc. etc.)?

    Also, you did really well pushing yourself out of your comfort zone for the other goals. It's even more difficult singing without backing, but I really like your rendition of the Finnish song (I hadn't heard it before). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yoooooou! 365 project was a real challenge, wasn't it? I really loved seeing all your photos too!
      I don't know if I got a feel for my own style but I did find myself trying out different techniques and experimenting from time to time ^^

      Is it hard to sing without backing? I've never sung with it (I'm a shower singer haha) so I don't know what it's like.

      Do look up Chisu's song Lähtö! It's so nice! Her other music is good too, and sometimes pretty fun. Like Baden-baden, a song about selling tears to fill the baths at Baden-baden lol

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on finishing 365project and on your other accomplishments! I liked seeing the videos. I just finished 365project and was also struggling to find things to photograph in December. Christmas decorations really saved me because I felt like I had already photographed every possible object in my house. I think I first heard of 365project here, so thank you! I really enjoyed the project and got so much more interested in photography. I'm on a 129 day streak for Duolingo (Spanish) and am enjoying that too. Good luck in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved all your photos for 365 project, they were so full of life and fun, but also creative! Hurrah for Christmas decorations, I bet they saved a lot of projects come December! 365 project became a real challenge in the last half of the year, I think. The urge to take photos was there, the ideas weren't!
      Well done with your Duolingo streak--muy bien!

      Delete