Thursday 1 March 2018

Gadding About in Guildford


Last week, I ended up going to Guildford with my mum and midde sister, to explore and shop!

Aside from a shopping centre that housed the expected assortment of high street shops, Guildford has a nice long main street, with a whole bunch of more high-end high street brands.


Something I liked about the town was the architecture, and that in some cases, the old store fronts have been respected by the brands that have moved into them, meaning that this town with its modern brands has a quaint atmosphere.


Unfortunately I wasn't feeling my best on the day we went, and had sprained my knee the day before, which made walking up and down the hill somewhat interesting!
Still, I enjoyed looking around, and whilst I didn't buy anything exciting, I left feeling inspired by the architecture and window displays (and also the awesome candelabra above, seen in the window of Anthropologie!)

This little trip out counts towards another goal on The List:
039. Explore 30 towns/cities/villages
I'd like to go back to Guildford another day, when I have more money and better health, as it's a great town to do some shopping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment