Saturday, 20 December 2014

Flight to the Stars

It's been a while since I updated with paintings for my goal, so here is another one, which I painted in August.

Flight to the Stars, August 2014

Flight to the Stars
In what seems to be tradition for my punctuality of posting my paintings, I finished this one in August!
This is the result of my second attempt at using masking fluid.
The paper tore in a couple of places when I removed the dry masking fluid; I'm not sure if that's down to my ham-fistedness or cheap paper. I was trying to be careful!
I think the line of the moon ended up too sharp and uneven, whilst the clouds at the bottom don't look cloudy enough.
After removing the masking fluid from the moon, I thought it looked too stark, so I rubbed over it with my fingers and smudged some of the lilac paint across the white. To be honest, I think it looks a bit of a mess.
However, I'm pleased with how the nebula turned out, along with the bird/winged spirit.
Medium: Watercolour on watercolour paper
Size: 14.2x20cm

As noted in most of my other painting posts, this is part of a goal from The List:
055. Create 52 paintings in 1 year
This is number 33--I'm over halfway! I've painted 37 in total so far, though there are some that I've yet to post.

I was hoping to share this as part of a set of paintings, but haven't been inspired to paint along the same theme. I will, however, attempt to use masking fluid again sometime!

For more of my paintings, check out the tag for goal 55.

1 comment: