Saturday 27 December 2014

Nacho Party

Nacho Party, November 2014
Nacho Party
I painted this at the end of November, but couldn't share it until now as it was a Christmas present for my middle sister and her boyfriend! The subject is their chihuahua, Nacho. I painted it to match the painting I did of their other dog last May...

Chihuahua, May 2013
I think my skill has improved somewhat! I'm also using better quality watercolours--the older picture was painted with a set from a discount book/art store; whilst I like the vibrancy some of the colours give, the overall quality and ease of use isn't so great.
Of course there are a few things I'm not so happy with when it comes to Nacho Party, but overall I'm really pleased with how it turned out (I wouldn't have gifted it otherwise!)
Medium: Watercolour on watercolour paper

I was given a new pack of watercolour paper for Christmas, which I'm very pleased with! The last several paintings I've shared here have been done using paper from a cheap A3 watercolour pad, which I've been cutting to A5 size! One thing with watercolour is that the materials are kind of expensive, but you certainly get what you pay for. One day I will learn not to scrimp so much when it comes to art materials!

Nacho Party is part of a goal from The List:
055. Create 52 paintings in 1 year. 
To see more from this goal, check the 55 tag.

1 comment:

  1. The shading you did on Nacho Party is really pretty and I love the way that you did Nacho's eyes! I agree that you seem to have improved a lot too, which is great :) (Though both pictures look lovely ^^).

    What a fabulous Christmas gift! :D

    ReplyDelete