Saturday 30 January 2016

Hyperborean Labyrinth


Last week I listened to more new music for goal #29, but forgot to blog about it before the weekend, whoops!

So this post is a few days late, but still here.
This time around I listened to bands that I would never have otherwise listened to!


LUMEN
Alternative Rock from Russia
This was recommended by Lilia (Paracosm of Lilies). I don't understand Russian, but found Lumen's music a comfortable listen. Their sound is pretty similar to that of American alt rock bands, I think!
The title of the song linked above is 'Лабиринт' (labirint), which means 'labyrinth'.
LUMEN Official Website



Negură Bunget
Romanian Black Metal
Found this act when I was looking for acts according to home country! I know nothing about black metal, so all I can really say is that to me, they sound like other black metal bands--some awesome guitar work and drums along with death vocals. Death vocals aren't entirely my cup of tea but this is easy to have on in the background, and the video effects are cool. 
The song linked above is 'Dacia hiperboreana' which translates as 'Dacia Hyperborean'
Negură Bunget Official Website


I guess now I'll go listen to this week's new music!

2 comments:

  1. I've actually not listened to Lumen again since I recommended them to you, haha. Really wanted to recommend some songs by certain other Russian musicians (I guess you know which artists they would be ;P), but I knew you'd already heard them for certain.

    Anyway, I've never heard Romanian metal before, so I'm glad you posted about Negură Bunget here. Sounds quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "certain other Russian musicians"....Roman Rain, perchance? Haha

      Delete